Last modified: February 17, 2017
HMSHost Corporation ("Company" or "We") respects your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy. This policy describes:
The types of information we may collect or that you may provide when you download and use the Host2Coast (the "App").
Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
This policy applies only to information we collect in this App and does not apply to information that is collected offline, on any of our other apps or websites, or by any third party. Our websites and apps and these third parties may have their own privacy policies, which we encourage you to read before providing information on or through them.
Our full policy is set forth below. Each section of the policy is numbered as follows:
- Children under the Age of 13
- Information We Collect and How We Collect It
- Third-party Information Collection & Tracking
- How We Use Your Information
- Disclosure of Your Information
- Your Choices about Our Collection, Use and Disclosure of Your Information
- Notice for International Users
- Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information
- Your Canadian Privacy Rights
- Data Security
- Contact Information
The App is not intended for children under 13 years of age, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us by telephone at: 1- (877) 672-7467 or via email – firstname.lastname@example.org.
We collect information from and about users of our App:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically when you use the App.
Information You Provide to Us
When you download, register with or use this App, we may ask you to provide information by which you may be personally identified, such as name, e-mail address, telephone number, and your location and/or gate information ("personal information").
This information includes:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms in the App such as when you register or place an order.
- Information that you provide in connection with a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with the App.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses and phone numbers), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through the App and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through the App.
These are examples of the types of information we collect and the ways in which we may collect it. Please note that we may also collect information in other forms as described at the time of collection. If you do not want us to collect your personal information, please do not provide it to us.
Automatic Information Collection
When you download, access and use the App, it may use technology to automatically collect:
- Usage Details. When you access and use the App, we may automatically collect certain details of your access to and use of the App, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through the App for statistical analysis purposes.
- Device Information. We may collect information about your mobile device and internet connection, including the device's unique device identifier, IP address, operating system, browser type, mobile network information and the device's telephone number. This information is used to help us fulfill your requests and administer the App.
- Location Information. This App collects real-time information about the location of your device. This information is used to deliver your orders to you and to otherwise provide our services to you. You may opt-out of providing geolocation information at any time using the settings on your device. Note, however, that opting out of the App's collection of location information will cause its location-based features to be disabled.
If you do not want us to collect this information, do not download the App or delete it from your device.
Information Collection Technologies
The technologies we use for automatic information collection may include:
- Cookies (or mobile cookies). A cookie is a small file placed on your smartphone. It may be possible to refuse to accept mobile cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your smartphone. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of our App.
- Web Beacons. Pages of the App may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages and for other related App statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain app content and verifying system and server integrity).
- Demographic Information. “Demographic Information” may be your gender, age, zip code and interests, which you voluntarily provide to us through the App. We use this information to provide you with personalized services and to analyze trends to ensure the information provided by the App meets your needs.
We do not currently respond to “Do Not Track” signals sent by browsers and we do not permit third parties to collect information through or across our App for their own business and marketing purposes.
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, to:
- Provide you with the App and its contents, and any other information, products or services that you request from us.
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- Notify you when App updates are available, and of changes to any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To administer the App and provide you with information pertaining to the App.
- For any other purpose disclosed at the time you provide your personal information.
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual or device, without restriction.
In addition, we may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliated companies. We seek to ensure that the party with whom we share the information will maintain it securely and in accordance with applicable laws. If you do not want us to share your personal information in this manner, please do not provide us with this information.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them. For example, we may use third parties to process payments and to provide certain information for the App, such as information related to weather and travel.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including the App End User License Agreement, and for billing and collection.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Company, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. This section describes mechanisms we provide for you to control certain uses and disclosures of your information.
- Location Information. You can choose whether or not to allow the App to collect and use real-time information about your device's location through the device's privacy settings. If you block the use of location information, some parts of the App may then be inaccessible or not function properly.
- Promotion by the Company. If you do not want us to contact you to promote our own or third parties' products or services, you can change these settings by clicking the “unsubscribe” link in any marketing email that you receive or altering your push notification setting in your device. You may also contact us by telephone at 1-(877) 672-7467 or via email- email@example.com. You can also opt-out by logging into the App and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes.
That said, please note that you are not able to opt-out of transactional messages, such as communications related to a service that you request or notice of payments. Additionally, your choices will not opt you out of seeing some advertising within the App.
If you choose to provide us with personal information, we may transfer that information to affiliates, partners, or to other third parties, across borders, and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. If you are visiting from the European Union (EU) or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from US law, please note that you are transferring your personal information to the United States which does not have the same data protection laws as the EU or other jurisdictions and by providing your personally identifiable information you consent to:
The use of your personal information for the uses identified above in accordance with this policy; and
The transfer of your personal information to the United States as indicated above.
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the App and visiting your account profile page. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. Additionally, please note that we may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Canadian residents may access their personal information that is in our custody and control, subject to certain exceptions prescribed by law. To make such a request, please contact us by telephone at 1-(877) 672-7467 or via email- firstname.lastname@example.org. We may request certain personal information for the purposes of verifying the identity of the individual seeking access to their personal information.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. We use physical, technical and administrative security measures to keep your personal information secure and confidential and will not provide it to third parties except as required by law or as otherwise provided in this policy. Nonetheless, “perfect security” does not exist on the Internet. There is always some risk that an unauthorized third party may find a way to circumvent our security measures, or that information transmitted over the Internet may be intercepted. Email and other communication channels may not be encrypted. Additionally, please note that protecting the security of your login information is your responsibility.
If we learn of a security systems breach we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. By using the App or providing personal information to us you agree that we can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy and administrative issues relating to your use of the App. We may post a notice on our App if a security breach occurs. We may also send an email to you at the email address you have provided to us in these circumstances. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing.
TELEPHONE: 1-(877) 672-7467