Nov 20, 2012
Global Restaurateur HMSHost Honored with Numerous Accolades for Its Restaurants in Airports
HMSHost recognized by ACI-NA’s Richard A. Griesbach Excellence in Airport Concessions awards program
BETHESDA, MD —Global restaurateur HMSHost celebrated today prestigious recognition for several of its restaurant locations and innovations in airports across the US by Airports Council International-North America (ACI-NA), through the Richard A. Griesbach Excellence in Airport Concessions awards program.
HMSHost was honored with first place in several categories including Best New Food and Beverage (Full-Service Concept), Best “Green” Concessions Practice or Concept, and Best Innovative Consumer Experience Concept or Practice, and also received special recognition for the innovation of six of its premier dining locations.
The full list of HMSHost’s awards is as follows:
Best New Food and Beverage (Full-Service Concept)
- 1st Place: Columbia Restaurant Café, Tampa International Airport (operated by HMSHost)
- Honorable Mention: Javi’s, John Wayne Airport (operated by HMSHost)
Innovative Use of Non-Traditional Retail Space
HMSHost (Special Recognition)
- Cigar City Brewing, Tampa International Airport
- Beaudevin Wine Bar, Chicago O’Hare International Airport
- Bubbles Wine Bar, Chicago O’Hare International Airport
- Tortas Frontera By Rick Bayless, Chicago O’Hare International Airport
- First Flight, Tampa International Airport
- Wicker Park Seafood & Sushi, Chicago O’hare International Airport
Best “Green” Concessions Practice or Concept
- 1st Place: Organics Waste Recycling Program, Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport (operated by Metropolitan Airports Commission, HMSHost and ABM Janitorial)
- 2nd Place: The O’Hare Urban Garden, Chicago O’Hare International Airport (operated byHMSHost)
Best Innovative Consumer Experience Concept or Practice
- 1st Place: B4 YOU BOARD Mobile App (operated by HMSHost)
“HMSHost is extremely proud to be at the forefront of the evolution of dining at airports,” said Steve Johnson, Executive Vice President of Business Development for HMSHost. “Our diverse array of restaurants offers travelers unique, high quality dining experiences, featuring some of the industry’s top chefs and menus that are unparalleled. We are constantly identifying new ways to continually enhance the traveler experience, through exceptional culinary offerings, as well as through technology and stellar customer service.”
The purpose of the ACI-NA Excellence in Airport Concessions Contest is to inspire creativity in the industry and to recognize innovative and outstanding airport concessions. These awards help to demonstrate the growing importance of concessions to the total airport experience. The awards were presented this week at the ACI Airport Concessions Conference in Denver.
Global restaurateur HMSHost is a world leader in creating dining for travel venues. HMSHost operates locations all over North America, and is part of Autogrill Group, the world's leading provider of food & beverage services for people on the move. Visit HMSHost.com for more information.
HMSHost Celebrates Road to the James Beard Awards with Chef Series at Chicago O’Hare International AirportLearn More
Global Restaurateur HMSHost Opens New Firehouse Subs® at Jacksonville International AirportLearn More