Jun 22, 2018
HMSHost Wins Top International Airport Food & Beverage Award
HMSHost awarded prestigious Airport Casual Dining Restaurant of the Year, among other recognitions
HELSINKI — Further reinforcing global restaurateur HMSHost as a leading provider in dining for travel venues, The Moodie Davitt Report’s prestigious 2018 Airport Food & Beverage (FAB) Awards recognized HMSHost with numerous honors at its annual conference this year.
The FAB Awards recognize and reward best practices in airport food & beverage around the world. HMSHost recognitions include:
- Airport Casual Dining Restaurant of the Year (Winner) – The Hearth by Lynn Crawford at Toronto Pearson International Airport
- Airport Food & Beverage Offer Best Reflecting Sense of Place (Regional Winner) – Whisky River at Charlotte Douglas International Airport
- Airport Food to Go of the Year (Highly Commended) – Shake Shack at Los Angeles International Airport
- Motorway Services F&B Offer of the Year (Highly Commended) – Grover Cleveland Service Plaza on the New Jersey Turnpike
- F&B Team Member Of The Year (Highly Commended) – HMSHost’s Lily Olson at Starbucks in Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport
“At HMSHost, we’re revolutionizing the way travelers think about their airport dining experience to immerse them in the local food culture. We offer travelers the most in-demand restaurants featuring the latest culinary trends and popular favorites,” said HMSHost President & CEO Steve Johnson. “These esteemed FAB honors are not possible without the invaluable partnerships we have with our brand and airport partners, along with the dedication of HMSHost’s exceptional team of associates across North America who continue to drive the travel dining industry forward.”
The awards were announced this week at the 2018 Airport Food & Beverage Conference and Awards in Helsinki. FAB attracts senior representatives from the world’s leading airports, food and beverage concessionaires and brands to network with industry peers, share insights and celebrate excellence in this burgeoning, ever-changing sector.
About HMSHost’s 2018 FAB Honorees:
– HMSHost, in partnership with celebrity Chef Lynn Crawford, delivers a renowned, yet casual chef-led dining experience to Terminal 1 travelers in Toronto Pearson International Airport with The Hearth by Lynn Crawford. The Hearth by Lynn Crawford greets guests with a bright and welcoming environment with a market-inspired and chef-driven menu, serving choice small plates and appetizers, hearth-fired flatbreads, elegant mains and sides, and scrumptious desserts. The food is matched with craft ales, classic cocktails, and first-rate wines.
– For years, Whisky River has been a favorite place for North Carolina fun-seekers to hang out and enjoy great food, music, and drinks. HMSHost partnered with NASCAR great Dale Earnhardt Jr. to bring Whisky River to airport travelers at Charlotte Douglas International Airport. Whisky River’s signature honky-tonk hangout vibe greets travelers with the same fun and casual dining experience they can experience in Uptown Charlotte. There’s a live music stage where local musicians entertain travelers on select days. Given Whisky River’s popularity among Charlotte travelers, HMSHost added a new Whisky River location to Raleigh-Durham International Airport. Here, travelers can even get a photo opp with the Whisky River stationary bull in the restaurant's patio area.
– Shake Shack is a critically acclaimed, modern day “roadside” burger stand known for its 100% all-natural Angus beef burgers, griddled-crisp flat-top dogs, fresh-made frozen custard, crinkle cut fries, craft beer, wine, and more. HMSHost brought Shake Shack, a brand with a cult-like following around the world, to Los Angeles International Airport’s Terminal 4. Through a development agreement, HMSHost will open additional Shake Shacks in the coming years including at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport, Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport, Orlando International Airport, and Mineta San José International Airport.
– Grover Cleveland Service Plaza on the New Jersey Turnpike is not the typical motorway service area. This modern facility represents a new wave of dining for travelers and is the model for future service area enhancements. Drivers can enjoy freshly prepared food, health-conscious snacks, and local retail items. Grover Cleveland Service Plaza is at the forefront of enhancing the quality of motorway offerings with travelers’ most demanded national brands and HMSHost’s own Refresh & Co. - a casual marketplace eatery with daily seasonal soups, hand-crafted pizzas and burgers, and freshly grilled and roasted meats.
Global restaurateur HMSHost is a world leader in creating dining for travel venues. HMSHost operates locations all over North America, and is part of Autogrill Group, the world's leading provider of food & beverage services for people on the move. Visit HMSHost.com for more information.